Responsibility and Authority:
All staff: To provide accommodation College management: Authority to implement accommodation.
Policy: Accessibility Procedure
PLEASE SEE OUR: Accessible Customer Service Plan: Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities.
The following outlines specific duties to be carried out to comply with our plan:
• Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act, 2005
• Accessibility Standard for Customer Service Training Resource
• Accessibility Standard for Customer Service – training tips for employees
• Our Policy and Procedure:Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act
• Our Accessible Customer Service Plan, Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
and notify one of the directors by e-mail when this has been done and provide the certificate.. (Must be within three months of being hired,)
• Notify one of the directors by e-mail when a student or prospective student inquires regarding accommodation for a disability.
• Post notices that customers who wish to provide feedback on the way EVERGREEN COLLEGE provides goods and services to people with disabilities can do so through talking with an EVERGREEN COLLEGE staff or director or e-mail.The notice will be placed at the front of the college, on the notice board in the hallway, and in the lunch area.
• Post notices when there are planned or unexpected disruptions to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, such as elevators, accessible washrooms, or computers. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the front of the college, on the notice board in the hallway, in the lunch area, and on the doors to the classrooms.
Directors (or their delegate)
• Review all requests for accommodation for a disability.
• Set up and hold a meeting with the student/prospective student, their support person, if any, their counsellor, their potential instructor, anyone else requested by the student/prospective student, and anyone else identified as adding expertise to the individual assessment and plan for accommodation.
• Notify the student/prospective student of: what can be done to accommodate the student/prospective student; what contribution to the accommodation that the student/prospective student may have to make, and/or what cannot be done.
• Notify the student/prospective student within a time period agreed upon, based on the need to gather information and source out resources to make the accommodation.
• Respond to all feedback within ten (10) working days.
Alyssa, Developmental Service Worker
Alyssa, Evergreen College Graduate from the Developmental Service Diploma Program visited the campus to connect with the class and share her experience in correlation of the class room skills transferring to the work place. She is currently working part time in the field within a daycare setting for the public school board and it resulted from some of the tips taught in class ie, search for your own placement based on your passion, techniques of handling various clientele etc What is your favorite aspect about studying at Evergreen College?
“My favorite aspect is how the teacher helps me with anything I needed and gave me knowledge to be successful” Preparing Professionals for the Real World!
Hospitality Operations Program
Evergreen College Hospitality Operations Diploma Program students were asked,
“ What do you like about your Diploma Program?
“ All the diplomas are very helpful. Wherever I go, I am sure I can work with those diplomas” – Rhea
“ Gave me new knowledge about Hospitality Management Operations and would benefit me to open my own business’ – Mochamad Rudi
Personal Support Worker Program
Personal Support Worker Certificate
“I would suggest my friend to join the Evergreen College because this is a good College and we can learn so good things from here.” Dechen, Personal Support Worker Certificate Program
“ I found out that the College has offered the best for the students that has done their course/programs here and the instruction and the environment of the College is good.” Ngawang, Personal Support Worker Certificate Program
“I had nice teacher, who is always open to answer my questions, and ready to help got more knowledge, Thank you,” Dolma, Personal Support Worker Certificate Program